Bunbury City Council has kindly offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If there is no blue answer on a particular question, then a comment wasn't made.)
- Are permits required? We have no specific local laws that deal with garage sales
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? Any garage sale signs that are placed out must be retrieved otherwise its can be construed as littering and can therefore be dealt with in accordance with the Litter Act.
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year?
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house? Goods must not be on public property i.e. road verge.
- Other comments offered.
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws relating to garage sales?
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.