The City of Greater Geelong has kindly offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If there is no blue answer on a particular question, then a comment wasn't made.)
- Are permits required? There are no permits required to hold a garage sale within the City of Greater Geelong
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? A person must not, without a permit, display or permit to be displayed an advertising sign on a Road or Council Land.
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year? Council allows 3 garage sales per household per year.
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house? A person must not, without a permit, display or permit to be displayed any goods on a Road or Council Land.
- Other comments offered.
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws realting to garage sales?
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.